Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our latest Project....

This summer we decided to fix our front porch/yard, for those that don't know, we are living in an old family home that my great great grandparents built. Just about everything that is in our house needs to be fixed up, so Dev and I are taking this house by storm, a very slow storm, but a storm non-the-less!
This is the oldest picture I have of the front of our house, I wish you could see the very beginning, there were old dead tree stumps and other junk that we had to cleaned up. And take a close look at the porch it is UGLY!



So, we painted the porch....



We added grass, and trimmed the bushes......



And we added a front gate and finished the sidewalk



Now we still have a few things to do, we didn't get the very top of our house painted, we need to get our hands on some scafolding for that, and we need some plants in our flower gardens, but overall I just love our front yard!

4 comments:

KCJaques said...

I think it looks better with toilet paper strewn about. But that is just me. Good job on the hard work guys! Looking good!

.:sommersclan:. said...

That looks so good. It is always kind of fun to have an older home and make it look good. The next time that Barry and I are up in Logan we will have to come see you guys.

D'N K said...

WOW That looks really good. You guys did a great job on it. When we live in mendon you will have to help us too.

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

The house is so cute! I totally love it!! I love projects like that and even better that its been in the family so long so the history behind it makes it even better!!